Here is a list of the most recent updates to this site:
- October 25, 2015: Finally began work on the RS-2U/PC-2У early Soviet air-to-air missile.
- October 17, 2015: New how-to page on body tubes.
- October 11, 2015: Finally finished my Madcow AGM-33 Pike.
- October 10, 2015: Unpacked my Sky Scraper 4" kit from the new MAC Performance Rocketry.
- September 6, 2015: A new how-to video, this time on using automotive paints.
- August 30, 2015: A few more photos added to the Iris page (which didn't fly as planned and will now wait until next year).
- June 16, 2015: The Crayon Bank flew twice last weekend at ROC-stock.
- June 15, 2015: My Wildman Punisher flew in the June ROC-stock drag race this past weekend.
- May 31, 2015: New video on Basic Wiring.
- March 23, 2015: My version of a Crayon Bank rocket is complete, along with a how-to video on making Plastic Fins.
- March 1, 2015: The Scale Spreadsheet is a tool to determine the scale factor and calculate model dimensions.
- September 16, 2014: Pictures of the spectacular flight and tragic end of the Light Show at XPRS 2014.
- September 14, 2014: The Aerobee flew again at XPRS, this time with a K250 in the sustainer.
- September 14, 2014: A second rebuild of a Loc/Precision EZI-65 kit, completed for the Level 2 in Style video, flew twice at XPRS 2014.
- August 5, 2014: The Defender MKIII and 25% scale Aerobee both flew at Aeronaut.
- July 19, 2014: Work is complete on Light Show night launch rocket. It was planned for Aeronaut, but last-minute problems caused it to be scrubbed.
- July 12, 2015: How-to article on GPS Tracking co-authored with Ken Biba now has an additional section on antennas by Grant Saviers.
- July 4, 2014: Work is complete on the Defender MKIII kit. Happy 4th!
- July 1, 2014: The 25% scale Aerobee, is finally complete and ready to fly next month at Aeronaut.
- June 6, 2014: Posted a how-to article on Flight Physics.
- May 20, 2014: The latest video, this time on a more sober subject: Shop Safety.
- April 25, 2014: A non-video how-to, the Routed Hatch article on cutting in an airframe hatch.
- April 13, 2014: Successful launch of all 8 Crayons rockets from the box as the Crayon Pack flies at LUNAR on Saturday, April 12, at Snow Ranch.
- March 9, 2014: Short video on Sport Scale Modeling on designing and building an HPR scale model.
- March 8, 2014: Flew the Estes Nike Smoke plus the just-completed the LOC-IV at the LUNAR launch Snow Ranch launch.
- March 6, 2014: A lengthy Certify Level 1 video on building your first HPR kit for an L1 cert. Also finally a completed rocket, the LOC-IV, which is a good choice for starting out in HPR.
- March 2, 2014: Added the Choosing Motors video on tools and theory of motor selection.
- February 4, 2014: Yet another video, Electronic Recovery, on recovery arrangements and the use of electronics.
Here are some selected milestones from the history of this site, along with links to the site as it was via the magic of the Wayback Machine.
- October 14, 2013: Site-wide layout revamp, but keeping the orange-and-black artwork. Also, re-worked the fleet and how-to sections to be gallery-oriented.
- July 11, 2004: Site updated with new appearance, designed by Brent McNeeley of Rocketeer Media (as it was then).
- November 23, 2002: Site moved to new hosting provider and the jcrocket.com domain is born (as it was then).
- July 29, 1999: Just got the pictures back from the Aeronaut launch last weekend showing my successful level 3 flight of the Generic Rocket (as it was then).
- December 1998: Already by the end of 1998, I'd built quite a few rockets (as it was then).