Here is a list of the most recent updates to this site:
- March 9, 2014: Short video on Sport Scale Modeling on designing and building an HPR scale model.
- March 8, 2014: Flew the Estes Nike Smoke plus the just-completed the LOC-IV at the LUNAR launch Snow Ranch launch.
- March 6, 2014: A lengthy Certify Level 1 video on building your first HPR kit for an L1 cert. Also finally a completed rocket, the LOC-IV, which is a good choice for starting out in HPR.
- March 2, 2014: Added the Choosing Motors video on tools and theory of motor selection.
- February 4, 2014: Yet another video, Electronic Recovery, on recovery arrangements and the use of electronics.
- December 28, 2013: Added the Epoxy Basics, video on types of epoxy, safety, mixing and application techniques.
- December 26, 2013: Added the CNC Routing Intro, video on CNC concepts, planning and machining parts using a ShopBot CNC router.
- December 24, 2013: Another video, this time on Plastic Nose Cone Mods, showing how to add nose weight and an electronics bay. Merry Christmas!
- November 30, 2013: Posted a short video on using 2-part polyurethane foam to make a solid fincan.
- November 17, 2013: Posted a short video on Simple Painting as applied to the Estes Nike Smoke.
- November 14, 2013: Completed the two-part video series on making Custom Nose Cones (for the Solar Sailer II).
- October 21, 2013: Construction started on the Estes Nike Smoke kit.
- October 17, 2013: Main body construction completed on Light Show and the LED pixel strips are mounted.
- October 14, 2013: Reworked the Fleet and How-To sections to be gallery-oriented as the final part of a site-wide layout change.
- October 8, 2013: This page has been cleaned up a bit and a section for milestones of the site has been added. It's hard to believe I've been maintaining this site since 1998, and been a B.A.R. even longer!
- October 5, 2013: This site has looked the same for many years. I have started to spruce it up a bit, keeping the same stylistic elements, but making the layout a bit more usable. If things look funky, try refreshing, and if that doesn't fix it, please let me know what browser you're using.
- September 26, 2013: Continued progress on the Solar Sailer II, now with the production of the forward fins, or "sails".
- September 18, 2013: Thanks to a suggestion on TRF, I put together an Upscale Calculator for quickly choosing a tube for an upscale project.
- September 15, 2013: Work continues on the Solar Sailer II and Light Show projects, with lots of construction photos.
- September 5, 2013: Work begins on the new project: Light Show a night launch rocket using LED pixels.
- August 4, 2013: The Comanche 3 Upscale flies sucessfully at Aeronaut 2013.
- July 28, 2013: Posted longest how-to video so far on making Nike composite fins.
- July 14, 2013: Posted a how-to video on Sewing a Bridle. Happy Bastile Day!
- July 9, 2013: Building completed on the Comanche 3 Upscale, with paint and decals applied.
- June 29, 2013: Work begins on a new rocket project, this time an upscale of the Estes Solar Sailer II.
- June 23, 2013: Posted how-to videos on Cutting Fiberglass Cloth and 'Glassing A Tube.
- June 19, 2013: Work continues on the Comanche 3 Upscale, with construction now complete.
Here are some selected milestones from the history of this site, along with links to the site as it was via the magic of the Wayback Machine.
- October 14, 2013: Site-wide layout revamp, but keeping the orange-and-black artwork. Also, re-worked the fleet and how-to sections to be gallery-oriented.
- July 11, 2004: Site updated with new appearance, designed by Brent McNeeley of Rocketeer Media (as it was then).
- November 23, 2002: Site moved to new hosting provider and the jcrocket.com domain is born (as it was then).
- July 29, 1999: Just got the pictures back from the Aeronaut launch last weekend showing my successful level 3 flight of the Generic Rocket (as it was then).
- December 1998: Already by the end of 1998, I'd built quite a few rockets (as it was then).